From Birth to Five Years: Children’s Developmental Progress
From Birth to Five Years, based on the pioneering work of Mary Sheridan, has become a classic guide to the developmental progress of pre-school children. It is widely recognised as an invaluable reference for professionals training or working in health, education and social care.
Features of this completely revised edition include:
- Charts describing key stages in the development of motor, perception, communication, play, independence and social skills, updated in the light of recent research and supported by over 120 illustrations
- Information on what we know about how children develop.
- A new section on the development of attention and self-regulation
- Guidelines for the assessment of children through observation and interaction
- Advice on when to refer to specialist services
Guidance is offered on ages at which children typically a…