About Child Development Institute
Child Development Institute was formed in 1999 and has been providing information to parents through its website ever since. The website currently receives over 2 million visitors per year. The website was recommended for parents by the American Psychological Association and Psychology Today during its first year of operation. The site is linked to by thousands of sites including universities, school districts, professional organizations and public agencies.
The mission of Child Development Institute is to become the “go to” site for parents for information, products and services related to child development, psychology, health, parenting, learning, media, entertainment, family activities as well as to connect with other parents, professional experts organizations and other useful websites.
The goal of our website is to promote healthy development to enable children to reach their true potential for a successful and rewarding life.
Our primary goals are:
- Promote positive parent-child relationships by encouraging spending time together having fun and fostering open communication. Including encouraging and supporting:
- Family meal time
- Family game night
- Daily “special time”
- Regular one to one time with each child
- Family outings
- Promote the parent as the child’s first most important teacher for helping children not only acquire necessary academic skills and knowledge as well as teaching and sharing values, encouraging and supporting creativity and fostering curiosity and a love for learning. Including encouraging and supporting:
- Understanding each child’s learning style
- Reading aloud to children
- Trips to museums, zoos, nature centers, libraries
- Attending concerts, plays, art centers and other cultural activities
- Teaching and encouraging effective study skills and study habits
- Talking to children about values and taking advantage of “teachable moments” to help children see how values can and should direct behavior in everyday life
- Developing a positive relation with schools and teachers
- Recognizing and seeking appropriate help for learning disabilities and other barriers to academic achievement
- Promote healthy physical development and child safety as well as provide parents news and information on common childhood illnesses.
- Provide information, tips and encouragement related to developing a positive parenting style.
- Provide information and tips for parents on how to encourage and support their child through the stages of development.
- Provide information and tips for parents on how to promote healthy emotional and social development.
- Provide parents with the information and tools necessary to encourage the appropriate use of various types of mass media by children and teens.
- Provide an online environment for parents to interact with other parents and to unwind through humor and relaxation.
- Provide an online center to help parents make good selections on such items as parenting books, toy, books for kids and electronic entertainment.
Child Development Institute, LLC
2230 W Chapman Ave, Suite 200
Orange, CA 92868
To ask a question your leave a comment about your site. please use our contact form.